Apollo Smart Tank & Energy Monitor
Apollo Smart is the world’s first heating oil energy monitor. Unlike traditional oil tank contents gauges, Apollo Smart allows you to monitor the volume of useable fuel remaining inside your tank, heating oil consumption, energy costs, air temperature and carbon emissions from the warmth, comfort and convenience of your home. Measuring key indicators of system efficiency helps you to identify interventions to reduce heating oil consumption, energy costs and carbon emissions.
Apollo Smart is a two-piece system, which comprises a tank top transmitter unit and a receiver unit. The wireless transmitter unit is suitable for use with almost any oil tank up to 3 metres tall, irrespective of manufacturer or material of construction. The receiver unit incorporates a premium quality LCD display and simply plugs into a standard electrical socket, with no wiring or electrical work required.
How It Works
The Apollo Smart transmitter unit can be fitted to almost any oil tank, with no specialist tools or training required. The unit is simply affixed to the tank via the pre-drilled 32mm diameter aperture, found on most tanks produced in the UK and Ireland since the late 1990s, and retained with 2 self-tappers (supplied). The transmitter unit monitors the level of fuel inside the tank, measuring fuel levels and consumption.
This data is transmitted to the receiver unit, which can be positioned up to 150 metres from the receiver unit, where it is analysed and displayed on an intuitive and easy to read display. The receiver unit also benefits from a USB connection, which will allow consumption data to be uploaded to almost any Mac or PC via the Apollo Smart App – available shortly.
The receiver unit also incorporates a unique days to empty facility, which shows you how many days supply of fuel remains. The risk of running out of oil is further reduced by an inbuilt low level alert with audible warning alarm.
For cleaner safer refueling, the Apollo Smart transmitter unit incorporates an inbuilt level display, allowing fuel delivery personnel to monitor tank levels before, during and after delivery.
Apollo Smart will allow you to monitor the following data on demand:
- Volume of useable heating oil remaining – displayed in litres and as a percentage of total tank capacity
- Room Temperature, displayed in degrees Celsius
- Fuel level – displayed via an easy to read bar graph
Additionally, the following information is continuously monitored, recorded and can be viewed on the receiver unit:
- Heating oil consumption in litres
- Estimated heating oil costs in Sterling (STG) or Euro (EUR)
- Carbon emissions in kgCO2
Fuel consumption, heating oil costs and carbon emissions data is produced on the following basis:
- Average per day
- Average per week
- Last 7 days estimated total
- Last 30 days estimated total
- Last 365 days estimated total
- Suitable for almost any single skin or bunded oil tank up to 3 metres tall
- Quick and easy to install with no specialist tools or skills required
- No wiring or electrical work required
- Displays key indicators of total system efficiency at the press of a button
- Determines volume of useable fuel in your tank in both litres and as a percentage of total useable capacity
- Unique days to empty function, low level alert and audible low level warning
- Integral USB connectivity allows data to be uploaded to almost any Mac or PC
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Contemporary, modern and appealing product design
Every Apollo Smart system is supplied complete with:
- Tank transmitter unit complete with integral level display, long life (up to 10 years) lithium battery, neoprene gasket and 2 self tappers
- Receiver unit incorporating LCD display with combined 1.5m USB / power cable
- 230v AC mains adaptor